Section 1. The State recognizes the Filipino family as the foundation of the nation. Accordingly, it shall strengthen its solidarity and actively promote its total development.
Section 2. Marriage, as an inviolable social institution, is the foundation of the family and shall be protected by the State.
Section 3. The State shall defend:
(1) The right of spouses to found a family in accordance with their religious convictions and the demands of responsible parenthood;
(2) The right of children to assistance, including proper care and nutrition, and special protection from all forms of neglect, abuse, cruelty, exploitation and other conditions prejudicial to their development;
(3) The right of the family to a family living wage and income; and
(4) The right of families or family associations to participate in the planning and implementation of policies and programs that affect them.
Section 4. The family has the duty to care for its elderly members but the State may also do so through just programs of social security.
- National Vaccination and Vaccine Cards: Primer on the COVID-19 Vaccination Program Act of 2021 (Republic Act No. 11525) - March 6, 2021
- One-Year Prescriptive Period for Online Libel: House Bill No. 7010 - June 18, 2020
- Community Quarantine Classifications Starting 16 June 2020: IAT Resolution No. 46-A - June 16, 2020