[On 18 March 2020, the Executive Secretary issued a Memorandum to amend/modify the previous guidelines on the Luzon-wide Enhanced Community Quarantine to address the Covid-19. The amendments are incorporated in the Primer. The full text of the Memorandum is reproduced below.]
MEMORANDUM FROM THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
TO : HEADS OF DEPARTMENTS, AGENCIES, OFFICES AND INSTRUMENTALITIES OF THE GOVERNMENT, GOVERNMENT-OWNED OR -CONTROLLED CORPORATIONS (GOCCs), GOVERNMENT FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS (GFIs), STATE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES (SUCs) AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT UNITS (LGUs)
SUBJECT : ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR THE COMMUNITY QUARANTINE OVER THE ENTIRE LUZON AND MANAGEMENT OF THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19) SITUATION
DATE : 18 MARCH 2020
Pursuant to Proclamation Nos. 929 and 922 (s. 2020) and Republic Act No. 11332, the recommendations of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) in its Joint Resolution No. 13 (s. 2020) dated 17 March 2020 are hereby APPROVED, effective immediately over the entire Luzon, including the National Capital Region (NCR), and expiring on 00:00 (12 a.m.) of 13 April 2020. Thus:
1. The operational guidelines approved and adopted by the IATF, in affirmation of an in accordance with the Memorandum of this Office adopted on 16 March 2020 relative to the implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine over the entire Luzon, are hereby NOTED;
2. All heads of departments, agencies, offices and instrumentalities of the government, including the Philippine National Police (PNP), Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), GOCCs, GFIs, SUCs and LGUs are hereby directed to adopt, coordinate and implement the following amendments and/or modifications to the guidelines under the above-mentioned Memorandum:
A. Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs), balikbayans, and foreign nationals shall be allowed to leave the Philippines at any time. Existing travel restrictions to FiIipinos shall remain in place.
In traveling within Luzon for the purpose of such international travel, proof of international travel itinerary, with departure scheduled within twenty-four (24) hours from leaving residence or accommodation, must be presented. All departing passengers may be accompanied by not more than one (1) person when traveling to any international port.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration may provide transportation services to OFWs intending to leave for abroad.
For purposes of the foregoing, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), Department of Labor and Employment, and the Department of Tourism shall issue joint guidelines.
B. Heads of mission or their designated foreign mission representatives, including limited foreign mission personnel and staff, may be exempted from the strict home quarantine whenever performing diplomatic functions, subject to guidelines to be issued by the DFA. In all cases, skeletal workforces shall be observed.
C. Hotels or similar establishments shall not be allowed to operate, except those accommodating:
- i. Guests who have existing booking accommodations for foreigners as of 17 March 2020;
- ii. Guests who have existing long-term leases; and
- iii. Employees from exempted establishments under the provisions of the 16 March 2020 Memorandum, and subsequent modifications and clarifications.
Unless falling under subparagraph C(iii), no new booking accommodations shall be permitted. In all cases, hotel operations shall be limited to the provision of basic lodging to guests;
D. The following shall be allowed until end of 20 March 2020:
- i. Transfer of necessary equipment of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and export-oriented establishments to facilitate work from home arrangements; and
- ii. For BPOs and export-oriented establishments to make arrangements with hotels for basic lodging;
E. Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators shall not be allowed to operate.
Except for the foregoing amendments and/or modifications, the guidelines under the 16 March 2020 Memorandum of this Office shall remain in effect.
Finally, all heads of departments, agencies, offices and instrumentalities of the government, including the Philippine National Police (PNP), Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG), GOCCs, GFIs, SUCs and LGUs are hereby directed to adopt, coordinate and implement such other guidelines which the IATF may subsequently issue on the COVID-19 situation, without need of further approval from the Office of the President, consistent with the respective agency mandates and relevant laws, rules and regulations.
For immediate compliance.
By Order of the President:
SALVADOR C. MEDIALDEA