The President identified areas under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) and General Community Quarantine (GCQ), and declared that no LGU shall declare its own community quarantine without observing the procedures set forth by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF). The definitive guidelines are contained in Executive Order No. 112 issued on 30 April 2020. [Update: Revised list, as of 15 May 2020]
I. PERIOD OF COVERAGE
The declaration of ECQ/GCQ under E.O. 112 covers the period from 1 May 2020 (12:01 a.m.) to 15 May 2020 (11:59 p.m.). The rules starting 16 May 2020 are also discussed below.
II. AREAS UNDER ECQ
The following areas, including all provinces, highly urbanized cities (HUCs), independent component cities (ICCs), component cities (CCs), and municipalities situated there, shall be placed under ECQ within the said period:
- National Capital Region (NCR)
- Region III (Central Luzon), except Aurora
- Region IV-A (Calabarzon)
- Pangasinan Province
- Benguet Province
- Albay Province^
- Iloilo Province
- Cebu Province
- Bacolod City
- Davao City
- Zamboanga City^
^ Effective midnight of 2 May 2020 until 11:59 p.m. of 15 May 2020, per Executive Secretary Memorandum dated 2 May 2020.
III. AREAS UNDER GCQ
Except the above-mentioned areas, the rest of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao are placed under GCQ, provided that, as a precondition, minimum health standards are achieved and continuously observed in these areas.
IV. LIFTING OF LGU-IMPOSED QUARANTINE
Effective 1 May 2020 (12:01 a.m.), any existing community quarantine imposed by Local Government Units (LGUs), regardless of nomenclature, shall cease to take effect. The coverage and guidelines provided under E.O. 112 supersedes all LGU-issued quarantine.
V. POST-MAY 15 ECQ
Beginning 16 May 2020, no LGU shall declare its own community quarantine, regardless of nomenclature, without observing the following guidelines:
- The IATF retains the authority to directly impose, lift or extend ECQ in any area, should circumstances call for it. The IATF has the overriding discretion to impose, lift or extend a community quarantine in all provinces, HUCs and ICCs.
- Nevertheless, provincial governors are authorized to impose, lift or extend ECQs in CCs and municipalities, upon the concurrence of the relevant regional counterpart of the IATF.
- Mayors of cities and municipalities are also authorized to impose, lift or extend ECQ in barangays, upon the concurrence of the relevant regional counterpart of the IATF.
LIFTING OF GCQs POST-MAY 15
The IATF may lift the GCQ in low-risk areas starting 16 May 2020, provided that no deterioration in their risk level occurs.
The President approved and adopted the Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines of the IATF. Any amendment or modification of such Omnibus Rules may be approved by the IATF without need of further approval by the President.