The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) issued a circular to ensure enhanced operations for Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) companies and export enterprises, and their service providers, throughout the extended Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) period (extended until 30 April 2020, pursuant to OES Memorandum dated 7 April 2020; further extended to May 15 for high-risk areas). The following entities are covered by DTI Memorandum Circular No. 20-14, series of 2020 (issued on 11 April 2020):
- 1. BPO companies.
- 2. Export enterprises.
- 3. Support service providers of BPO companies and export enterprises
The following activities of the BPO companies and their support service providers shall be allowed throughout the extended ECQ period:
- a. Delivery, installation or transfer of necessary equipment to set-up for the work-from-home (WFH) arrangement, including provisions for trouble-shooting support;
- b. Delivery or installation of telecommunication services by telcos;
- c. Delivery of logistical support, such as food or essential goods of the personnel in the temporary housing or on WFH; and
- d. Other support services necessarily required in the operations of BPO companies.
[Note: Item (d) may be subject to misinterpretation, as it explicitly covers only support services for BPOs. There is no similar provision for export enterprises. However, the provision of MC 20-14 on documentation (“For personnel of the support service providers, a certification from the BPO company or export enterprise;” see below), shows that support services may be for both BPOs and export enterprises.]
For export enterprises
The export enterprises are allowed to enhance their operations by deploying workers under an on-site or near-site accommodation arrangements or by providing point-to-point shuttle services. For purposes of MC 20-14:
- a. near-site accommodations shall refer to housing arrangement provided the company for its workers within the 5km radius of the factory or facility; or located in the same or in an adjacent municipality or city as the factory or facility. In these housing accommodations, proper health protocols issued by relevant agencies, including social distancing shall be strictly observed.
- b. the employees who are residents of the areas within the said 5km radius shall be allowed to work.
- c. point-to-point shuttle services for these employees in near-site accommodations or near-site residences shall be allowed, subject to observance of strict social distancing and routing disinfection of vehicles.
Movement of personnel
For the preparation and implementation of any arrangement under Item II, personnel of covered enterprises shall be allowed to travel subject to presentation of:
1. Company ID containing the employer’s address and the employee’s residence address;
2. Certificate of employment issued by the employer;
3. For personnel of the export enterprises, copy of the Certificate of Registration (CR) of the company showing that it is an export-oriented enterprises. The CR referred herein is either issued by the Board of Investments (BOI), Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA), other Investment Promotion Agencies or the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC); and
4. For personnel of the support service providers, a certification from the BPO company or export enterprise.
- Extension of Filing Periods and Suspension of Hearings for March 29 to April 4, 2021: SC Administrative Circular No. 14-2021 (Full Text) - March 28, 2021
- ECQ Bubble for NCR, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal: Resolution No. 106-A (Full Text) - March 27, 2021
- Guidelines on the Administration of COVID-19 Vaccines in the Workplaces (Labor Advisory No. 3) - March 12, 2021