The Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) issued the Revised Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines dated 29 April 2020, as amended, which governs, among others, interzonal movement in, to or from areas under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) and Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ). [See Updated Rules on Intrazonal and Interzonal Travel under the Revised Omnibus Guidelines]
Interzonal movement refers to the transit of people and goods from:
- (a) an ECQ area to a GCQ area, and vice versa, and
- (b) an area not under community quarantine to a GCQ or ECQ area, and vice versa.
In the case of transit across localities in the same community quarantine setup, such transits will be treated as movements within a single GCQ or ECQ zone. [For related guidelines within GCQ areas, see IATF Omnibus Guidelines for Areas under General Community Quarantine (GCQ)]
The guidelines for interzonal travel, for both persons and cargoes, are provided below.
MOVEMENT OF PERSONS
The non-essential entry and exit of people to and from the ECQ zone shall be prohibited, except:
- (1) health workers.
- (2) government officials and government frontline personnel. Land, air or sea travel by uniformed personnel and government officials and employees for official business, with the corresponding travel authority, especially those transporting medical supplies and laboratory specimens related to COVID-19, and other relief and humanitarian assistance, shall be allowed.
- (3) those traveling for medical or humanitarian reasons.
- (4) persons transiting to the airport for travel abroad.
- (5) workers in permitted establishments and persons providing essential goods and services and public utilities.
- (6) essential skeletal workforce.
- (7) repatriated OFWs and non-OFWs returning to their residences.
- (8) other persons transported through the efforts of the national government upon conduct of the necessary quarantine protocols and in concurrence with the receiving LGUs.
MOVEMENT OF CARGO
The movement of all types of cargoes by land, air, sea within and across areas placed under ECQ or GCQ shall be unhampered. Workers in the logistics sector, such as cargo, trucking, and port operations shall likewise be allowed to transit across areas placed under ECQ or GCQ, provided that only a maximum of five (5) personnel may operate cargo and delivery vehicles by land, with or without load.
Nevertheless, strict social distancing measures must be strictly observed, which may include, if necessary, the putting up of additional safe and humane seats or space in the vehicles. The PNP retains its authority to conduct inspection procedures in checkpoints for the purpose of ensuring that protocols on strict home quarantine are observed.
All LGUs are directed to strictly abide by this national policy. LGUs and local health units (LHUs) are hereby enjoined not to issue orders contrary to or inconsistent with said directive, such as, but not limited to, requiring asymptomatic drivers and crew of cargo or service delivery vehicles to undergo mandatory 14-day home quarantine.
The following may leave for abroad through any of the airports or seaports in areas placed under ECQ or GCQ without any impediment:
- (1) Overseas Foreign Workers (OFWs). This provision shall not be interpreted to allow outbound travel by Filipinos to countries where travel restrictions are in place.
- (2) Permanent residents of foreign jurisdictions.
- (3) Stranded foreign nationals.
Departing passengers may be accompanied by not more than 1 person when traveling to any international port, who shall be allowed to return to his/her point of origin.
DOMESTIC TRAVEL FOR RETURNING FILIPINOS
Repatriated OFWs or returning non-OFWs who have been issued a DOH or LGU certificate of completion of 14-day facility-based quarantine, or those who may be required to undergo a mandatory 14-day home quarantine shall be granted unhampered transit across zones en route to their final destination in the Philippines. For this purpose, LGUs are enjoined to allow maritime vessels or aircraft transporting the aforementioned OFWs and non-OFWs to dock or land at their ports of destination.
[See also Establishments Allowed to Operate during ECQ]
- Proposed Law to Extend the Emergency Powers of the President under the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act - May 25, 2020
- Child Custody of the Father and Mother, Visitation Rights in the Philippines - May 25, 2020
- No Travel Pass is Required for Workers in ECQ/MECQ Areas: Company I.D. is Enough - May 24, 2020