[The Executive Secretary, acting on behalf of the President, issued a Memorandum dated 22 May 2020, authorizing the release of the second tranche of SAP for more beneficiaries, and directing the creation of an online portal wherein the public can view the list of beneficiaries and assist in determining the propriety of the financial assistance. The full text of the Memorandum is reproduced below.]
MEMORANDUM FROM THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
|FOR:||SECRETARY ROLANDO JOSELITO D. BAUTISTA|
Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
|SECRETARY SILVESTRE H. BELLO III|
Department of Labor and Employment
|SECRETARY RAMON M. LOPEZ|
Department of Trade and Industry
|SECRETARY WILLIAM D. DAR|
Department of Agriculture
|SECRETARY WENDEL E. AVISADO|
Department of Budget and Management
|SECRETARY CARLOS G. DOMINGUEZ III|
Department of Finance
|SECRETARY EDUARDO M. ANO|
Department of Interior and Local Government
|SECRETARY GREGORIO B. HONASAN II|
Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT)
|COMMISSIONER RAYMUND E. LIBORO|
National Privacy Commission (NPC)
SUBJECT: INCLUSION OF ADDITIONAL HOUSEHOLDS AS BENEFICIARIES OF THE SOCIAL AMELIORATION PROGRAM AND THE RECONFIGURATION OF THE BUDGET FOR THE SECOND TRANCHE
DATE : MAY 22, 2020
Upon considering the recommendation of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) in its Resolution No. 31 (s. 2020) dated 01 May 2020, and pursuant to Republic Act No. 11469, otherwise known as the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act, the IATF is hereby instructed to do the following:
- 1. Retain the original numbers and budget for the First Tranche of the Social Amelioration Program (SAP); and
- 2. For the Second Tranche of the SAP implementation, include the additional five (5) million eligible households to the twelve (12) million beneficiaries under the Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation (AICS) Program of the DSWD, subject to validation by the concerned national government agencies in coordination with the respective local government units involved. While it is only natural that most beneficiaries would come from those still living in Enhanced Community Quarantine areas, as stricter kinds of community quarantine deprive more people of means of support, household beneficiaries most affected by the continuing restrictions in the operation of certain industries and sectors in areas under a General Community Quarantine may still be considered for the Second Tranche.
In line with the need to accelerate the delivery of the SAP benefits to qualified beneficiaries and to promote transparency and public participation in ensuring that the emergency financial subsidies are received only by those who are eligible under the different programs of the SAP, the DSWD, in coordination with the DICT and the NPC, is hereby directed to expedite the creation of the online portal containing the list of eligible household beneficiaries of the SAP.
Subject to the limits provided under relevant laws governing data privacy, the list shall include such sufficient details (i.e., beneficiaries’ barangay, municipality/city, and region; the amounts they received; and the specific program under which they received government assistance) as to enable the public to have the opportunity to verify the entitlements of the recipients. The online portal must include a mechanism to receive feedback from the public to assist the government in assessing its performance in delivering the assistance, determining whether an investigation against specific persons is necessary, and identifying persons and areas that were not covered.
For appropriate action.
By order of the President:
SALVADOR C. MEDIALDEA, Executive Secretary
- Proposed Law to Extend the Emergency Powers of the President under the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act - May 25, 2020
- Child Custody of the Father and Mother, Visitation Rights in the Philippines - May 25, 2020
- No Travel Pass is Required for Workers in ECQ/MECQ Areas: Company I.D. is Enough - May 24, 2020