The government has rolled out a number of social amelioration programs designed to mitigate the socio-economic impact of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) health crisis during the Enhanced Community Quarantine, pursuant to the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act (Republic Act No. 11469) and its Implementing Directives. These social amelioration programs (see List of Social Amelioration Programs and Second Tranche of Benefits) include an outright cash assistance and burial assistance.
- Outright cash assistance. An assistance in the form of outright cash in the amount of Three Thousand Pesos (PhP 3,000) shall be provided to the target beneficiaries to assist in providing the basic needs of their families. However, a family shall be entitled to a cash assistance amounting to Five Thousand Pesos (PhP 5,000) when two or more family members belong to the identified sectors (see Target Beneficiaries), provided that it shall only be given once a month during the quarantine period.
- Burial assistance in the maximum amount of Twenty Five Thousand Pesos (Php 25,000), may also be claimed by families that suffered loss due to death of member/s caused by COVID-19, to defray the funeral expenses of the deceased. The assistance may be claimed only for indigent COVID-19 confirmed cases and PUIs whether they, at the time of death, are undergoing home quarantine or admitted in a public or private facility.
Distribution shall be made on the basis of the pre-existing Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation (AICS) guidelines, without prejudice to other means and methods the DSWD may approve and implement.
[See also: Social Amelioration Programs for the Community Quarantine by Reason of COVID-19; Emergency Subsidy Program (ESP) during the Community Quarantine); Target Beneficiaries of the Government Social Amelioration Program for COVID-19; Documentary Requirements to Avail of Government Social Amelioration Programs for COVID-19]
- Extension of Filing Periods and Suspension of Hearings for March 29 to April 4, 2021: SC Administrative Circular No. 14-2021 (Full Text) - March 28, 2021
- ECQ Bubble for NCR, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal: Resolution No. 106-A (Full Text) - March 27, 2021
- Guidelines on the Administration of COVID-19 Vaccines in the Workplaces (Labor Advisory No. 3) - March 12, 2021