The government has rolled out Social Amelioration Programs to mitigate the socio-economic impact of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) health crisis. At the heart of the operationalization of these programs, particularly the cash distribution, is the Social Amelioration Card (SAC).
The SAC is a form, distributed at the barangay level, that captures the family profile which will be the mechanism for the affected families to access the social amelioration programs of the government. [See P5,000 to P8,000 Emergency Subsidy Program (ESP) during the Community Quarantine]
The Punong Barangays shall prepare a list of beneficiaries (see Target Beneficiaries and Documentary Requirements). The list is submitted to the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), although the Joint Memorandum Circular does not specify if the submission is on a per town or per province basis, or through the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG). The Joint Memorandum Circular, however, provides that there is a common database through the DILG coordination.
The DSWD shall issue the SACs, pursuant to its existing rules and regulations, to the identified beneficiaries. The SAC shall be distributed applying the following tiers or priority parameters, as applicable:
- a) Barangays under Extreme Enhanced Community Quarantine
- b) Rural Barangays under Enhanced Community Quarantine
- c) Barangays under Enhanced Community Quarantine
- d) Rural Barangays under Community Quarantine (this appears to refer to General Community Quarantine)
Between tiers, the poorer barangay as identified by the Local Chief Executive shall be given priority. Within Barangays, the LGU shall give priority to those below the poverty threshold level.
The Social Amelioration Cards shall be the basis of the cash transfers enumerated Joint Memorandum Circular No. 1 to avoid duplication of beneficiaries.
[See also: P5,000 to P8,000 Emergency Subsidy Program (ESP) during the Community Quarantine; Social Amelioration Programs for the Community Quarantine by Reason of COVID-19; Target Beneficiaries of the Government Social Amelioration Program for COVID-19; Documentary Requirements to Avail of Government Social Amelioration Programs for COVID-19]
- Extension of Filing Periods and Suspension of Hearings for March 29 to April 4, 2021: SC Administrative Circular No. 14-2021 (Full Text) - March 28, 2021
- ECQ Bubble for NCR, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Rizal: Resolution No. 106-A (Full Text) - March 27, 2021
- Guidelines on the Administration of COVID-19 Vaccines in the Workplaces (Labor Advisory No. 3) - March 12, 2021