[This is a Memorandum issued by Quezon City, which is under a Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ). It is addressed to the general public AND the local police force to avoid confusion as to implementation. It is clear, concise and very helpful. Hopefully other local government units (LGUs) have a similar directive to its local enforcers, consistent with the Revised Omnibus Guidelines issued by the IATF, particularly the portion on interzonal travel. The full text of the QC Memorandum is reproduced below.]
FOR : The General Public, Quezon City Police District
RE : Travel Pass Guidelines for Quezon City During MECQ
DATE : 18 May 2020
1. When A Travel Pass is NOT Required. A travel pass is not required to enter, leave or travel within Quezon City for the following reasons:
- a. Going to work. Only a Company ID is needed. If you have no Company ID (e.g., self-employed), use your Barangay Quarantine Pass.
- b. Delivery. Delivery, courier, or cargo services of any kind do not need a travel pass.
- c. Re-opening of QC Business. No pass or certification is needed to re- open your Quezon City business, as long as you are in the list of permitted establishments under the Hon. Mayor’s MECQ Guidelines dated May 15, 2020 (e.g., essential businesses, and general non-leisure commercial activity. Schools, leisure, personal care and amusement remain closed). Just present your QC Business Permit if proof is requested.
- d. COVID-19 Responders or APOR. You may present any health worker or medical ID or any national government-issued pass such as the IATF Authorized Person Outside Residence (APOR) ID.
2. When Needed. You may need a travel pass if you want to leave Quezon City for another local government unit (LGU) for indispensable or emergency purposes, and the LGU requires you to present a travel pass; or if you want to enter Quezon City for a reason other than those listed above.
3. Apply through Email. We highly encourage you to submit your travel pass application through email at the following address: email@example.com. You can attach scanned copies or photographs of any supporting documents. Just give your contact number in the email and we will notify you when your pass is ready for pickup. You do not have to pick up your pass in person. You can send a representative or use any private on-demand delivery service to pick it up.
4. Requirements. Submit a request letter, preferably by email, to the Office of the City Administrator, Quezon City with the following information:
- Contact Number
- Place of Destination
- Place of Origin
- Date of Travel
- Reason for Travel
- Vehicle Model/License No.
- Driver’s Name
- Passenger/s Name
- a. Government-Issued Photo-Bearing ID of Requester
- b. Health Clearance from a medical doctor
The City may request other requirements based on any applicable national government guidelines.
5. Special Restrictions. The City may withhold travel passes for high-risk persons (children, elderly, etc.) not travelling for indispensable reasons, or for those in special concern lockdown or extreme quarantine areas.
6. Processing Time. We will exert best efforts to prepare your travel pass in three working days from submission of complete application. Please be aware that we are processing a high volume of applications, so please submit as far in advance as possible.
- Proposed Law to Extend the Emergency Powers of the President under the Bayanihan to Heal as One Act - May 25, 2020
- Child Custody of the Father and Mother, Visitation Rights in the Philippines - May 25, 2020
- No Travel Pass is Required for Workers in ECQ/MECQ Areas: Company I.D. is Enough - May 24, 2020